From Parentvoice

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health and therapies Money and legal About us Contact us

Yellow Card/Gateway Card

Yellow cards and gateway cards are different. How do I get a yellow card?

If you have a social worker, ask them, and they will be able to organise it for you. If not the process is

  • Request a Yellow Card from Hants Direct on 0300 555 1384
  • Paperwork is sent to the child's GP to ascertain whether the child is disabled
  • Once confirmation is received, the Yellow Card is issued.

The yellow card can be used as proof of disability, eg when applying for concessionary travel or the visually impaired rate for a TV licence.

A gateway card is proof of eligibility for Hampshire’s Short Breaks programme. You should be asked for the card if your child is doing an activity which is subsidised Short Breaks funding.

Some leisure providers will offer a concessionary rate, or carers rate to holders of either the Gateway or Yellow card.

Click for other information on

Support, Concessions