|Short Break Budget Cuts from 2019 – *important please read*:
Please find below a link to a press release from Hampshire County Council with regards to the Short Breaks budget cuts which will take effect from April 2019.
These will have an impact on everyone with a Hampshire Gateway Card. All Gateway holders should have received a letter, might be worth checking spam/junk folders.
There is nothing you need to do now we will keep you informed when you need to reapply for your Gateway Card
There are 9 changes in total:
1.Include parent/carer views in setting priorities
2. To require parents and carers to pay in advance for Short Break Activities,
3.To require providers of Short Break Activities to apply consistent
parental/carer charges and concession rates,
4. To introduce a new online Gateway Card application system.
5.To require evidence of eligibility from a professional as part of the new
Gateway Card application (e.g. a letter from health professional or school - a
template letter will be available on the Short Breaks website);
6.To stop funding Short Break Activities for young people aged 18 and over
(families affected by this change will receive a separate letter);
7. To only fund Short Break Activities for children who live in the Hampshire
County Council authority area;
8. To only fund Short Break Activities which allow parents and carers to leave
their child so they can have a break from caring
9. To stop funding swimming lessons as a short break activity.
To read the press release click here
Or to read the HCC article from their own website click here
If you have any questions about this please contact the Short Breaks team at Hampshire County Council on: email@example.com / 01962 846399