From Parentvoice

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health and therapies Money and legal About us Contact us

Making contact with other parents

There is no support group for my child’s condition in the area, but I would still like to be in contact with other parents – any ideas?

Try contacting a National Support Group for the condition, they often have an online forum. From this you may be able to get in touch with others living in the local area. Scope run a Face to Face Parenting Scheme that puts Parents of disabled children in touch with each other for emotional and practical support. You can read more about that here and you can find out about the face to Face Parenting group in Hampshire here

This page from Contact a Family is tells you how to find out about local support groups and includes advice about setting up a support group yourself:

This is a good website which they set up too. It enables families who have children with rare conditions to contact other families:

Online forums can allow you to chat to other parents without having to go out/arrange childcare etc. You can log on at any time and post a question or give advice to another parent. Do web searches for on line forums, for example this is a good ADHD one.

Click for other information on

Support, Carers