|Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
CAMHS provide mental health treatment and interventions for children and young people living in Hampshire. They offer services for children aged 0 to 18 (or 19 if the young person has a learning disability).
A parent/carer can refer a child to CAMHS, or you can ask someone who knows your child well (school or your child’s GP) to make a referral. There is a criteria for which children and young people will be offered support and this can be found at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/referral_criteria.pdf
As well as mental health difficulties, CAMHS can help with diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Conditions in secondary school aged children who have associated mental health conditions (such as anxiety and depression). They can also help with diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Further details can be found at:
Specialist CAMHS Consultation Lines:
- Winchester CAMHS Centre 01962 828355
- Eastleigh CAMHS Centre 02380 673984
- New Forest CAMHS Centre 02380 743030
- Andover CAMHS centre 01264 835356
- Aldershot CAMHS centre 01252 335600
- Basingstoke CAMHS centre 01256 392766
- Fareham and Gosport CAMHS centre 01329 822220
- Havant CAMHS centre 02392 224560