From Parentvoice

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health and therapies Money and legal About us Contact us

Section: Health

Subsection: Health Professionals


Services for people with problems with hearing or balance

Audiology is the healthcare profession that provides services for people with problems with their hearing or balance. They carry out hearing tests, provide advice about Tinnitus management, fit NHS hearing aids, carry out diagnostic tests of Hearing and Balance function and provide rehabilitation programmes for patients diagnosed with a Balance dysfunction.

Audiology is closely linked to the department of Ear, Nose and Throat surgery (ENT). They carry out hearing tests on patients attending ENT outpatient clinics and provide further tests of hearing and balance for ENT patients referred by the ENT Consultant. Your GP will refer you to see an Audiologist